Saturday, January 26, 2013

[for this very struggle]

Easter is seeing the truth of this verse in yourself . .

". .I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out."  [romans 7:18]

. . and being reminded that Christ died and rose. For this very reason. For this very struggle. And God's ultimate glory. I see my critical and judgmental heart, and yet no amount of "self talk", valiant attempts or human strength has cured it.

Easter is remembering God didn't leave me in this to muster up more strength or give-in to the struggle and quit. It's going back to words like Hebrews 12:1-3 where we are urged to fix our eyes on Christ. The One who both began and finished this race we're in. The Christ who lived the life we couldn't and attained that same righteousness for us. At Easter.



No comments:

Post a Comment